Symmetry Studio Workshop 1: "Golden Waves"
Regular price $11.31
BEFORE YOU BUY, PLEASE NOTE:
All workshop sessions will be conducted as livestreams within a private Facebook group, exclusively for workshop participants.
After purchasing your ticket to this event, you will receive an email containing a PDF attachment with the link to join the private Facebook group, along with instructions on how to join the group. Please keep an eye on your Spam or Junk folder if you do not receive the email in your Inbox after purchase.
I've painted a few of these almost kaleidoscope-like symmetries and they are THE most fun things that I’ve done in a long time, they each brought me SO much joy because they were entirely based on play. Now yes, the blocking out can be confusing, and yes there is some mathing, BUT, there is also a lot of “ooooooo” and “that’s so cool!” moments. It is not an easy thing for me to explain in a 60 second video, or even in 5 minutes, so a workshop it is! The weekend of February 24th we will do the first workshop for what I am calling the “Symmetry Studio” Series! From 2-4pm Eastern on Saturday the 24th and Sunday the 25th, I will go live and show you how to draw guidelines for this design, choose paint colours, and get us all started! The Private Facebook Group will remain open for one month, until March 24th, so we can continue to share pictures and questions as we complete our pieces. I will also do impromptu lives when I am working to finish my piece as well.
Don't worry if you can't attend a live session. Each live will be recorded and made available for lifetime access on Youtube. You can revisit the recordings at your convenience, ensuring you have all the resources you need to perfect your dot mandala painting skills on various surfaces.
Sound good? Lemme recap just in case:
- 4 hours scheduled workshop time, Sat Feb 24 & Sun Feb 25 from 2- 4pm Eastern
- Unscheduled live videos as I finish my piece
- Lifetime access to live recordings
- Vote on the symmetry design for the next workshop
- 15% discount off tickets for any upcoming workshop
Once you purchase your ticket (they’re $15 CAD), you will get an email with an attachment that contains the link to join the private FB group and instructions for how to join the group.
- Surface to paint on, any size, any material. I will be painting on a 10” round MDF panel that I purchased from Dollarama here in Canada
- Paint for your background colour, I use black most times
- 4 colours of paint. I went for a subtle colour grade from a champagne white to a dark gold, but any colour grade would look awesome. But don’t limit yourself, you may decide you want to do some other set of 4 colours that you really love, GO FOR IT! (I won’t be using golds for the workshop, but I will be doing a colour grade of some sort, I think, we’ll see, lol)
- 1.5mm ball stylus tool
- Range of dotting tools no larger than 5.5mm in size. The reason for this vagueness is that I am not sure which size we will go with for those “centre” dots, I will be playing a bit with this design, so just have a few different ones around those sizes handy.
- Watercolour pencil crayon or soapstone pencil to draw guidelines.